Helping Families Cope with the Many Facets of Aging
For families seeking help managing the care of their loved ones, FamilyCare will assign a Geriatric Care Manager, certified by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers, to assess your older loved ones needs and create a customized plan to help with the many facets of aging. She will coordinate and provide healthcare and home services, act as a liaison to families separated by distance and identify alternative living arrangements. When the family caregiver is out of town, your Certified Geriatric Care Manager acts on your behalf as an advocate, facilitating communications and shouldering some of the responsibilities for you.
Our Certified Geriatric Care Manager belongs to the following organizations, so you can trust her to be well trained and to adhere to the highest standards and a strict code of ethics:
What can FamilyCare's comprehensive Geriatric Care Management Program do for you?
- Conduct assessments with you and family members to develop a care plan for you or for your loved one
- Assist in a smooth transition between home and a retirement complex, assisted living center or nursing home
- Serve as an objective mediator at family meetings
- Act as a liaison to families, in or out of town, by providing regular communication and alerting families to any concerns
- Offer assistance with decisions about living arrangements and placement alternatives
- Make referrals to eldercare professionals specializing in the financial, medical or legal issues facing seniors and their families
- Provide strategies for coping with dementia
- Monitor outside contractors to ensure requested services are provided for an appropriate cost
“It was very tough to admit we needed help when we’re used to being so independent and very private. But you’ve been a blessing during this time of change in our lifestyle.”
– Diane R.