For Friends in Need
There are times when we all need someone to talk to, to visit with or to assist with small tasks around the house. FamilyCare’s Companion Services can help. We will arrange for a trusted non-medical companion to assist your loved one at home or to accompany them to medical appointments, provide a meal or even take them to the movies. In addition to offering a helping hand, companions often provide a much-needed link to life outside the home.
Our Companion Services include:
- Household chores including taking out garbage, dusting furniture, vacuuming, changing linens, laundry and ironing
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Home-cooked meals
- Provide or coordinate transportation services
- Escorting to religious services, restaurants, entertainment, and appointments
- Assisting with crafts and hobbies
- Telephone check-ins
- Mailing bills and letters
- Personal emergency system / fall detectors
- Medication reminders
- Coordinate and provide reminders for appointments
- Caring for pets
- Respite care for your family
"You have totally earned our trust and appreciation! My aunt can't drive anymore, but with your help taking her shopping, to appointments, and to see her friends, she still feels vital and independent."
– Molly S.